Conclusions about 3D metal printing:
1. It is very convenient for R&AD: good solution for parts and structures prototypes manufacture.
2. Suitable if you need fast production of a small experimental products batch.
3. According to the final results, the product is close to that made on a NC milling machine.
4. Experimental batches and piece products. 3D metal printing is even more profitable than powder casting (cheaper, faster) because of absence of intermediate stage - the need to make a mold.
5. 3D printing loses in manufacturing costs only high-precision milling 4, 5 coordinate machines, if the customer has any. But on a 3D printer it is possible to manufacture parts with voids and channels of complex shapes, which are not possible to do on a milling machine.